Friday, June 6, 2014

The Blogging Dilemma

So, let's talk about 'dis here blog.

I'm kinda thinking I might take a one month haitus after Jack's bday party post.
Whatchya think?

First, I really am kinda coming up short on things to say.  I mean...Jack is super interesting and all buuuut...yeah.

Second, I feel like it's really difficult to blog during the day when I am with him.  I could do it during naps, which is probably the best time, but Jack is no 2 hour napper.  He pretty consistently takes 1 hour naps...possibly 1 1/2 if I'm super lucky.  So, an hour goes by really fast.  It almost takes an hour to blog soooo...then I get nothing done.  I refuse to do the dishes after dinner.  Too tired.  So I do them during morning nap.  We have no dishwasher.  So morning nap is always spoken for.  That leaves the afternoon nap.  That's when all the other chores need to happen.

So, I either blog or surf the net and get nothing done in the afternoon...or I do it when Jason comes home and get bugged when I'm trying to blog and he's trying to talk to me about his day.  Yeah.  Stellar wife.  I know.

I think at the end of the day I'm pretty pooped.  Jack is at a really fun...but tiring age.  I am always "on".  He's almost running.  Literally.  My first reaction once the little dude goes to bed is to CHECK.OUT.  No talking, just blaaaah.  I've been using this blog as a means to do that and in turn...kinda blocking out this man that I'm living the rest of my life with...for a blog that is fun...but certainly not important in the scheme of things.

Time investment.
It boils down to what am I investing my time in?
And am I proud of it?

Drowning my smart phone has made me realize how often I picked up my phone...choosing IT over my son who just wanted to play.  It made me realize that I don't have to post a picture to Instagram every day.  I still exist and my life is still important even though it's not posted on social media.  And this blog.  I love sharing our life on here.  But I want it to build me up.  Not tear me down.  And right now I'm having trouble juggling it all.  So in a couple of weeks I'm going to temporarily push it aside.  Honestly we are going to be out of town a lot this summer so it'll be perfect timing.

For now though...I'll be here posting periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS