Half way done baby!
We just hit the 20 week mark. It's all down hill from here. Right? I'm curious to know what goes by faster...the first half or the 2nd half of pregnancy? In some ways I can't believe that we're already at 20 weeks and yet at the same time I feel like I've been pregnant forEVER. Seriously.
It's kinda sappy and all maternal-ooey-gooey but in some strange way I feel like I've known this little baby forever. Like, I can't imagine life without it. As if he was always a part of my life and yet I'm just now getting to officially meet him and know him. Weird right? Yeah. Cool and yet in some ways it scares me. I'm so "invested" (for lack of a better word) in him that I get scared and fearful. I just want him to be healthy and happy and to in the end love Jesus with his whole heart. I can't imagine how much these feelings intensify once they're here and real without the safe confides of the womb.
Various pregnancy happenings:
- There is no doubt that I have a baby in me. I started feeling "vibrations" at 17 weeks with a very occasional kick here and there. The odd thing about the vibrations though was that I couldn't feel them unless I placed my hand on my stomach in a certain spot where he seemed to like to chill. So technically...I could feel him from the outside before I could feel him from the inside. Weird. Now he kicks. And sometimes so hard that I jump...and laugh because it's shocking and kinda tickles. Jason has been able to feel him multiple times. Love.
- I feel huge. I know, I know. I gotta looooong way to go but seriously, yeah. I have to sit straight up or I feel like it's hard to breath. Lord help me in a couple more months...
- No cravings still. Really, I'm hungry more often but I don't have a strong desire for food in general. I for sure don't want coffee, chocolate, or chicken for some reason. Veggies are still the most appealing.
- Water. Oh my gosh I down at LEAST 2-32 oz Nalgene's a day. I just can't get enough. Yum.
- Pants. Oye vay mama. I do NOT fit into most of my pants anymore. My butt is totally bigger and so I'm having some issues getting them over my hips...let's not even talk about the whole zipping/buttoning sitch. So, H&M maternity has some dang darn cute maternity jeans that actually FIT me...a little FYI. Shocking. But, I can't wear jeans to work. blak. Finding work pants have been an issue for sure. Most maternity pants are way too big in the butt, hips, and thighs. Lame. Oh well.
- Weight gain. Last time I checked I was a good 10 lbs. heavier. I have never been above 120. Ever. Sorta shocking and yet...whatever. There will be more where that came from for sure. I am a water retainer though. I was very briefly on the pill and I ballooned up like the Goodyear blimp, and then as soon as I went off of it...a month later I was pretty much back to normal. I assume something similar is going to happen with this pregnancy. Oh well. Bring on the "fat face". :)
- Now that I'm no longer in "miscarriage territory" I seem to have transferred my fear of that to an "early birth" fear. Ugh. I'm not a scared/worrying type of person so yeah...I feel like I've become this crazy nut case who I no longer recognize. It's a continual surrender I tell you...with lots and lots of prayer.
- Yoga. I'm doing cardio still 2-3 times a week but I've noticed already that I'm having lower back pain (I have a weak lower back from a tailbone break I had years ago...annoying). I am also REALLY stiff. So, yoga and I are becoming fast BFF's.
And just some random 20 week facts for you on the little munchkin...
-Supposedly the baby weighs 10 1/2 oz though I think ours is a bit bigger since he was 10 oz almost 2 weeks ago. He's also about 10 inches from head to heel.
-He can hear our voices.
-His teeth are beginning to appear and he's beginning to swallow.
Yay! And this concludes my looooong 20 week post. <3