I am....get this...BORED!
I should probably sit an savor this moment because wasn't I JUST writing about how things have felt a little too chaotic and busy right now? Well, it's pouring rain. Jack is napping. The house is actually kinda clean. Well, the bathroom needs to be cleaned but I'm not THAT bored. :) And I can't work because I'm missing two major things I need to go to the store for.
I guess I will sit here with my decaf coffee topped with an embarrassingly large amount of whipped cream and enjoy the down time.
I really have nothing to blog about so why not do some 20 random questions eh?
1. What was the last thing you threw in the garbage/recycling?
That would be the paper towel that I used to eat my meatloaf sandwich. The best part of having meatloaf for dinner is most definitely the meatloaf sandwich you get to have for lunch the next day.
2. What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
Um, I apparently live like it's 1990 still and do not own an iPod...nor listen to music on earbuds...ever. Though I did have Spotify up and was listening to some Christmas music.
3. What is your favorite quote?
Oooh, that's a hard one. There are so many...
I recently came across this one and found it SO powerful...and hard to live...but isn't this precisely what Christ did for us???
“No sacrifice which a lover would make for his beloved is too great for us to make for our enemy.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Definitely the dishes. The bathroom isn't great but it's more the bathtub that I have a problem with. :)
5. What is your favorite form of exercise?
What's exercise? Ha! Seriously. I've basically kissed this goodbye until my kids are older. As sad as that is since I LOVE exercise. So I'd say...climbing, cross country mountain biking, and trail running are all neck and neck. Oooh...and surfing. Hmmm. I think they all just sound glorious right now since I'm not able to do them! :)
6. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?
Favorite time of day is about 2 hours after I've woken up. I love the morning...but after I have some caffeine flowing through me. Favorite day of the week is Saturday since we usually do something fun as a fam...though I genuinely love going to church on Sunday...and not just because they serve donuts. ;) As for month. It's a toss up between December and July. :)
7. What is on your bedside table?
Felt. I'm sure that doesn't surprise you. Also a plate that I put my rings on and my glasses.
8. What is your favorite body part?
Uh? That's a weird one. My mouth so that I can shovel food into it.
9. Would you use the power of invisibility for good or evil? Elaborate.
Hopefully good. I mean I DO love Jesus and all. :)
10. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
Probably 28. I think you kinda know something at 28 but it's before your body starts to really go downhill. I feel like in Heaven we should all be between 24-28...but with the wisdom on an 85 year old. :)
11. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Probably question HOW I managed to WIN the lottery. But that aside. I would get rid of it. Give a huge chunk away. Buy a house and a couple of cars for us. Tuck what we need away for college for kids and retirement. And if there's anything left...give that away too. Having hoards of money to spend freely just seems like a bad idea. Especially when you didn't actually earn it. :)
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who smack when they eat.
13. If you could know the answer to any question, what would it be?
There are way too many to mention. Most of them are philosophical ones that involve God and His relationship to us. And I'm okay not knowing. But I can't wait to find out in Heaven one day. :)
14. At what age did you become an adult?
Once you have kids. Or once you enter the real world and start paying bills, have a career and etc. I still don't feel like an adult most of the time ha!
15. Recommend a book, movie, or television show in three sentences or less.
I haven't read a book in a while. Too busy...but also the one's I want aren't at the library requiring me to buy them. Though I hope to be getting some gems for Christmas. I've got nothing for you on the TV/movie front.
16. What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?
Took my grandma's car for a joy ride at 15 and crashed it. Awesome sauce.
17. What was the first album you bought with your own money?
No Doubt- Tragic Kingdom! Yesssss!
18. If someone wrote a book about you, what would be the title?
"Anna" No. I don't know. That's a hard one.
19. What story do you wish your family would stop telling about you?
I like them all. Who doesn't like to hear stories about how awesome they were as a kid? Because...you know...there are no bad stories about me. There was that one time though when I was 15...something to do with my grandma's car... :)
20. True or false: The unicorn is the greatest mythical creature. State your case.
Wait, unicorns are mythical? :)
Well now...wasn't that just ever so enlightening?!?
Yes. You are welcome. :)
4 hours ago